Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Join GLO for Christmas and get a reprieve from the fam

It's just past 4 p.m. and I'm already in my pajamas. It's cold and nasty outside and Mother Nature has decided to not so subtly remind me it's December. And, OMG, Christmas is next freakin' week.

EEK! Ahem.

As that thought wafts through my brain, it occurs to me Tis the Season for your family to drive you insane. Many of us are about to embark on the numerous familial rituals associated with the Yule Tide. I have two family dinners this weekend. On Christmas Eve, I host a family dinner then attend a family dinner on Christmas Day.

While I love my family and enjoy spending time with them, I'm going to be just about familied out by afternoon on Dec. 25. Thankfully, the Gay and Lesbian Community Center for the Ozarks has an escape. Join us starting at 1 p.m. at the GLO Center for a "Family" Christmas dinner. You know, your "family" that is fabulous.

Bring a side dish to share, ham and turkey will be provided. Dinner will be served at 5 p.m. GLO is located at 518 E. Commercial Street.

No comments: