Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pet Peeve of Driving

Maybe I'm a little disgruntled lately. I can accept that. But stupidity is another issue entirely, and I'm not happy about it.

Yesterday I was driving home and had not one, but THREE cars pull out in front of me. There wasn't really space for them to pull into oncoming traffic, but that didn't seem to matter. They had room, so long as I--and everyone following me--slammed on our brakes. Sometimes I wish I could be that narcissistic.

Today during my lunch hour, I had run to get food for the staff. While I was getting near a rather significant intersection, I pulled up, following protocol, toward the car in front of me. Leaving a reasonable space, I looked out my rearview to see a sporty little something inch its way out. I don't mean "inch" like, "Oops, my foot slipped off the brake. Let me fix that." I mean New York City style. The kind where if you have 6 inches between you and another vehicle, that's sacred territory, obviously meant for the person trying to get on the street. It was a 4-lane major street; give it 30 seconds, the light will change, and you'll have plenty of room. You might have to wait a full minute. Get over it.

To make matters worse, right after the idiot pulled out behind me into the second lane--BLINDLY, I might add--the other idiot waiting in the lot for me to pass by seized his opportunity to jump in like a masochist toward a paddle.

And since I'm on this rant...

Why does a truck from a flag company need emergency lights on it? Maybe I'm blind to the situation, but I haven't heard of any recent "flag-related" emergencies. Take the stupid damn lights off your flag truck. You're not an emergency vehicle. And if you are, you need avoid touting your side business on the emergency vehicle. Really.

No comments: